Thursday, November 06, 2008

2 weeks out of hospital...

If you have followed any other cancer blogs, you see there is a point where there aren't as many posts. And this is a good thing. I haven't been writing a lot because there hasn't been much to say.

My blood counts (whites, reds, platelets) all remain low. But not low enough for transfusions or anything like that. It just appears my body is taking it's time in making new blood. I'm still in Houston and will most likely stay here until the counts are normal.

Tomorrow, I will update the blog as I get the results from all of scans and see my transplant doctor with an update on what happens next.

I'm doing much better than I was. I still get nauseated from time to time and sometimes when I smell food or see food on TV, it makes me nauseous. This is just something that takes time.

My energy level is getting better too. I can sit in a chair without having to rest my head!

I'm expecting great progress in the coming weeks. I'm not having as many ups and downs and I can feel all that chemo slowly working its way out of my body.