Friday, October 31, 2008

No brakes...

Well, it appears the truck has no brakes. It just continues running over me at full speed, leaving me always feeling beat up.

Today is 21 days after transplant. I thought I would be feeling good by now, but not yet. I go between feeling terrible and not so good, with the occasional moments of feeling OK. It still hasn't hit me what my body has been through and that I am finished with the treatment. I look pretty sick too. Dark circles under my eyes and finally lost my eyebrows and most of my eyelashes. It's just part of the process.

But, I just try to stay focused on the future... and how GREAT I will feel once my body has a chance to bounce back. I'm really not going to take anything in my life for granted for sure. (how many times have I said this on the blog?)

My white counts were actually in the normal range today. Reds and platelets just kind of laying low and hanging out that way. But I should have a bounce soon.

When I went to the doc this morning, my temp was 100.2. 100.5 would have sent me to the ER. They took it 2 times later and it was different both times. And when I take it at home--same thing... my temp seems to go up and down for no reason. But it hasn't stayed at the 100.5 range long enough and hoping it doesn't so I won't have to be readmitted. Each day truly is like a rollercoaster ride.

Monday is nothing but tests all day long.