Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ups and Downs

I've been having to go to the doctors office every couple of days. I went this morning.

Everything was going uphill until yesterday afternoon. I started to feel bad again--kind of like that "run over by a truck feeling." This morning it was hard to wake up.

But I haven't been running a fever and show no signs of infection... so the APN (advanced practitioner nurse) overseeing me thinks it's just part of the process. The minute I have a fever, I would be re-admitted back to the hospital.

So it's kind of like a bumpy ride--take a step forward, take a step back. My red cells and platelets aren't dropping like they were, but still low. And my whites went way down, but they should come back up again. It's a long process. Today is 19 days after transplant, so it's still the beginning.

Next APN visit is Friday (Halloween), and then next Monday, I have all my scans again. I was already in remission before the the transplant, so this is just going to reconfirm everything I already know...