Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Getting Better....

Sorry for the lack of updates.

The scans of course showed NO SIGNS OF LYMPHOMA. So I am officially in REMISSION. I expect this to be the FINAL REMISSION and I will never have to deal with this again.

My blood counts are near normal. My energy level is actually very good but I am still taking it easy. My taste is back (for the most part), but I still get a little nauseated from time to time.

Tomorrow I will probably have what is my last appointment at MD Anderson. I feel pretty sure they are going to give me the OK to be released. It feels great to know I will have my life back. At the same time (even with the hurricane) there are things and people that I've met in Houston that I will really miss. I'm also going to miss the weather because it's been in the 70s here.

But I came to kick cancer again and that is what I have done. Mission accomplished. I know I will face challenges in life ahead of me. But I can honestly say I live with very little fear because I've been through so much.

I still get people commenting on my "why NOT me?" post from months ago. I heard everyone say that attitude can have so much to do with a cancer diagnosis. Part of the reason I wanted to have this blog is to prove that. In hindsight, I look at how I handled everything and it's no wonder that the outcome is as good as it is.

The day I die, I have no idea what my legacy will be on this Earth. But one thing is for sure: it wasn't my time to go. And if it wasn't my time to go, that means I have a bright future ahead of myself. This is only the beginning.

I want to say "thank you" again to those who have showed you cared and reached out to me. You have made me feel that I wasn't going at this alone. You should realize that you too are a big reason why I became a two time survivor.