Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tests and the Waiting Game...

Wed., Thurs., Fri. were nothing but tests. I'm going to be re-staged to find out how extensive the cancer is. This includes a bone marrow biopsy, PET scan, and spinal tap to determine if it's in the spinal fluid. I should have the results Monday and will update the blog then.

I guess I misunderstood the BMT process. I will be given some smaller doses of chemo to clear me out and only until I'm considered in remission will the BMT (or transplants) will take place.

Friday was information overload. I had so many tests including heart and breathing tests. Seven appts. total. The highlight of the day was Brenda that did my breathing test. She had such a great personality. I try to laugh as much as possible when I am having these tests done. Brenda--if you so happen to be reading this.. I hope you enjoyed your Panda Express.... :-)

So I should have my chest port placed on Wed and will be admitted there after and treatment will start right away. 

I am a bit concerned that my lymph node on my neck isn't larger. The first time around it was VERY noticeable. But hopefully this is something the doctor can address on Monday.

For now, I am trying my best to enjoy life before having to start this second fight...