Friday, July 15, 2005

2nd Cycle underway

OK.. sorry it's been 10 days since I have updated the blog. After the spinal headache got better--I started feeling much, much better. And to be honest, when you feel good, thinking or talking about cancer or being sick is something you just don't want to do.

I started the 2nd cycle yesterday and was back at the doctor's office today. Basically I am just doing everything over again. It feels comforting knowing what the drugs are and how they make you feel. One of my nurses warned me--and I have already began to notice that nausea will be more of a problem the second time around. It comes and goes--one hour I feel sick and the next I am fine. And it seems to be worse late afternoon/evening.

Yesterday I had another spinal tap and it was quite an experience. The antisteiologist (sp?) was trying to prevent another spinal headache so he used a smaller needle. But the smaller needle wasn't working properly so he poked and numbed me about 2 times before poking me again with a larger needle. He took a sample of spinal fluid that will be tested for lymphoma cells. Last time it was tested it was A-OK so hopefully the same thing this time around. When the doctor administered the chemo through the spinal needle, there was a tremendous amount of pressure.. but it subsided after he was done. I am hoping I don't get another spinal headache. But spinal taps and spinal headaches are not something you can go around worrying about. They are part of the treatment and you just have to make the best of it. Only two more spinal taps left.

I will be back in the hospital this weekend. And back next weekend. For those of you praying for me, I would like to ask that your prayers be focused towards me breezing through this 2nd cycle and that once it's over in late August.. I will test negative for any lymphoma cells. I want to be cancer free! If that happens, doctors will deem me "cured".