Thursday, June 30, 2005

More on spinal headache

I still have the spinal headache. I need to write quickly because I will have to lie down. So long as I am not standing or sitting I am fine.

Went to the doc yesterday. He said they can do something called a "blood patch" which will stop the leakage of spinal fluid causing my headache. The problem is, since my last treatment, my platelets have dropped too low for me to have the "blood patch" done. One possibility is to have a blood transfusion, but my condition is not that serious.

So I am left a) waiting for my body to fix itself so the headache will go away, or b) wait until my plaelets rise enough so I can have the blood patch. I am pretty much bed ridden and can't sit up for more than 15 mins or so until then. It could always be worse but this is no fun.