Thursday, June 09, 2005

What to do

Not much new to report today.

One of the nurses from the doctors office called me today. She is really concerned about the loss of range of motion in my left arm. None of the nurses have ever seen this happen with an IV port in the arm. And none of the doctors can explain why I cannot fully move my left arm.

I've had a x-ray, ultrasound, and dye test done on my left arm. All tests have come back OK. So the question remains why can't I move my arm? Did something go wrong at some point? Could it get worse?

One option I have is to have a chest IV port installed and my arm port taken out. If that happens, I still not be able to move my left arm, but at least I know no more damage will be done. It's a tough call to make. Ignore the problem and maybe it will go away, or do something about it.

The nurses are worried about it. I still don't know if the loss of range of motion is temporary or if I will be like this for life.