Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Doing Better

Doing better today. I went to the docs office for Rituxian treatment. One of the nurses was really concerned that I still have limited range of motion in my left arm (where my IV port is implanted). I had a test last week and I don't have a blood clot. Today, I went back to the hospital to see a radiologist to make sure the port was not broken or leaking. Everything tested out OK. Hopefully I will eventually get the movement back in my arm.

I would say I am doing GREAT today. My mouth still has some healing to do, but getting better. And I drove my self around today. I was coming home and thought "what the heck?" I am going to go through the Wendy's drive-thru and get some nuggets and baked potato. I was able to eat the food with no problem. I ate the nuggets while I was driving. Such a good feeling of "normal" when you can eat while driving. Hard to explain but it made me feel like my old self.

When I got home, I found Hallmark flowers on the front porch from a co-worker at CNN that works in the satellite department. I thought that was very nice of her and it made my good day even better!

Finally, one more thing. I wish I had a picture to share. Today, I wore a bright green, "Green Giant" t-shirt. The nurses had wrapped my arm port in lime green wrap. I had two hospital bracelets on me (one from the doctor and one from the hospital). I looked so crazy as if I was making a fashion statement. Everywhere I went people were commenting on how interesting I looked. The only thing I needed to top it off was Paris Hilton walking beside me. It looked like she had dressed me. :-)