Thursday, May 26, 2005

Good report (Day 9)

I got a good report from the doc today. Despite the rigorous chemo I have been given, my white blood cell levels are still looking good. Just proof that I am a true fighter at heart.

I also got the results back from the first spinal tap... NO cancer cells detected in my central nervous system. This is excellent news.

The side effects of the chemo are starting to drive me crazy. Mostly because it's something I never planned on. I thought I would feel weak and sick at times.. but didn't know I would be on steroids that raise my heart rate, make me feel jittery, make me extremely sensitive to light. I felt the first time like that yesterday and today I tried to enjoy it. Not much I can do to make it go away. But I just don't like feeling so dis-associated from reality. I hope I make sense. I am trying to explain things the best way possible.

One of the nurses was explaining to me that a "normal" cancer patient would be getting the treatment I get in ONE DAY over the course of ONE WEEK. So you can only imagine what that is doing to my body and how it makes me feel. I think I am doing great considering.

I still have yet to have any problems with vomiting or anything like that, although I do have a general ill feeling that hits me from time to time and is usually unpredictable.

My appetite has been great.. another side effect from the steroids. I picked up a copy of Lance Armstrong's book from the library and will start reading it soon. Tomorrow I don't get any chemo and Saturday morning I'm back for a stay at the hospital.