Monday, May 23, 2005

Day 6 Done

So I have pretty much finished my first week! For the first time, I don't have to go to the doctor tomorrow, but will be back Wednesday.

This morning I felt so bad. I really had to work hard just to get up. I felt like I had been run over by a Mac truck or something. But I do feel much better now. It's kind of odd because I am already beginning to learn that a cancer patient's concept of feeling OK is a much different concept than a non-cancer patient.

I have been meeting other cancer patients at the treatment center. Most are older but very encouraging. There was one guy there today (probably in his 30s) and it was last day of chemo. He was so happy. He was like "This cancer better not come back because I'm never going through with this again!"

One elderly man undergoing treatment for prostate cancer came up to me and told me I looked weak but that he knew I was going to be OK. He told me "I don't know you or anything.. but something tells me you are going to get through this and invent something or really make a big difference in the world."

I guess time will tell. :-)