Sunday, May 22, 2005

Back from first Hospital stay!

Well, I made it from my first hospital stay. It probably lasted about 24 hours and wasn't too bad.

I'm feeling pretty good considering all things.

Last night around 1030p I had the spinal tap done and it wasn't bad at all. No pain and the anithesiologist (sp?) had done about 8 that day. The only problem is that I learned this morning they didn't get enough sample to test to see if any lymphoma cells are there--but they did administer my chemo in my spinal cord fluid which also goes to my brain. Normal chemo won't go through the spinal cord. Chances are there is not even any cancer cells there, but they have to treat it protectively. I had no side effects, no pain, from anything.

The nurses at Eastside Hosptial are nice and helpful. It took about 4 hours for them to find a bed for me which was a bit of annoyance, but besides that all was well.

I'm only on day 4 or 5 of actual chemo--about the only side effect I am noticing is that I feel very sick sometimes. But my doctor says this is probably just a form of nausea. When I eat or walk around it seems to get better. My mouth has the most terrible taste in it and at times I feel as I have just drank a glass of Clorox or something--and I can't taste 90% of the food I eat, but that is about the only bad side effects so far.

Back to the doctor's office tomorrow morning.. for more chemo, then I finally get a day off on Tuesday!