Thursday, June 19, 2008

Surgery Soon....

Since the bone marrow came back negative, the next course of action is to have my suspect lymph node removed to see what wrong.

This far: I know there are malignant cells--I know that it's lymphoma.. but still don't know if it's Burkitt's yet or not. And of course, I may have to have a BMT (bone marrow transplant) regardless, but if it's a very slow growing lymphoma--perhaps not. I'm not an expert, but apparently agressive lymphomas (such as Burkitt's) can come back as something not as aggressive and vice versa. But when you are dealing with a reccurent cancer of ANY kind--of course you have to take the right action.

July 3 was the soonest appt. I could get at Emory to see an ENT doctor. So I came down to my family's place in Florida. I will see a surgeon tomorrow, and most likely, have neck surgery early next week. The results could take a few days to a week. But hopefully after that, I will know if this is Burkitt's again or not.