Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Another delay...

My liver blood test showed some signs of improvement, but my transplant doctor wants to wait a little more time until Friday.

Keep in mind, it's normal for your liver to be under a little more stress than usual as it tries to rid my body of the chemicals that have been pumped in me the past few months. But I'm about to get an extremely high dose of chemo (non stop for 6 days). So my doc is just giving my liver a break before hitting it really hard.

Here is a pic I took at home in Florida the last day before I left. I was actually out riding the 4 wheeler (despite my low blood counts) as I had done before starting treatment. I stumbled upon this beautiful sunset in the woods. I told myself, when times get tough when I am in the hospital for the transplant, I will think back to this image and how blessed I am to be alive and well. I thought I would share this personal image and hopes it inspires you as well...