Saturday, September 27, 2008

Transplant postponed...

Back in Houston now. I was supposed to be admitted either Friday or Monday.

One of my blood tests for my liver came back a little suspect--so they are going to retest me on Tuesday and decide whether to admit me then or hold off more. The chemo can be tough on your liver--but sometimes certain drugs they give you can cause the numbers to be off as well.

I'm just hoping the liver issue is a side effect of the Neuprogen shots I had to give myself to boost my white count before the collection.

Remember when I first started and my fingers were numb after they hit a nerve putting in my PIC line? That numbness lasted over 3 weeks. I learned the first time I beat Burkitt's and this time as well--when little problems present themselves, it's best to not worry about them too much. It doesn't really help. Just say a little a prayer, "it's going to be alright" and that's the best way to deal with it.

Soon, I want to write more about Hurricane IKE, post more pics I had taken, and share what the experience taught me...