Monday, September 15, 2008

Powerbars and Pop-Tarts

Back at the hospital today. I got fluids yesterday but they are
keeping a close eye on my blood counts (which are very low). I am glad
I have my car because the shuttles and security are not running. At
least there is power at the doctors office and I was able to charge up
my phone (how I am able to blog).

The pictures of where I live don't do the damage justice. Most of the
grocery stores and gas stations are closed. Slowly, some are reopening.

I am safe. But it's not very healthy or comfortable at 80 something
degrees inside. I am getting tired of living off powerbars and pop-
tarts (and Gatorade).

They seem to want me to stay nearby so they can do the blood
collection soon. Of course, my conern is I don't want to get sick
under these conditions. All hotels within 100 miles are so are mostly
booked up.

I remember, upon coming to Houston, wondering if hurricanes hit here.
I now know.

I really hope the power comes back soon. Three days and counting seems
like a lifetime.

Seriously, I have survived a hurricane and cancer! No doubt I can
handle anything life throws my way :-)