Sunday, October 05, 2008

5 days from transplant..

Chemo started this morning. 6am on the dot. I am due for another 4
hours tonight.

I did vomit for the first time during this treatment cycle. Luckily it
was mostly Gatorade. I am starting to get "water weight" but this is
normal.

I just finished walking around the floor the past 45 mins. I can't
leave the floor and have to wear mask and gloves when I leave the room.

I put on the earbuds for my Iphone and was jamming out to Internet
dance music. I have always loved the beat and energy behind dance
music (techno is a certain type of dance music--so it's like calling
"country" music "bluegrass" or something. Get it right, ok!? Ha)

Funny thing is--all these older stem cell transplant patients would
see me flying down the hallway (I walk fast) and would quickly get out
if my way. I had no idea doing laps in the hospital could be this much
fun...