Saturday, October 04, 2008

6 days from transplant-WRAP UP

Excellent day. The chemo drug I had today I do not even feel. I walked around the nurses station (which they highly recommend) for about 30 mins today I think that helped big time.

There is a dry erase marker board in the room that has nurses names, misc info. There is also a space for patient goals/needs. I wrote my goals down as follows:

1) To be one of the fastest recovering transplant patients.
2) To keep a positive attitude throughout this entire process.

I do have a slight headache, the nurse gave me a pain pill for that.

So etoposide/cytarabine starts Sunday morning at 6a sharp. Each drug takes 2 hours for a total of 4 hours. This will be repeated at 6p. So a total of 8 hours of chemo in one day! Four days of these drugs like this: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Bring it on.