Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Almost done!

Tomorrow, I enter the hospital for 6 days. This should be my last hospital stay. The blog won't be updated until I'm back.

Not only should this be my last hospital stay, if all goes as planned, this will be the last time I will ever be considered a cancer patient. This will be the end of chemo for me. For Burkitt's lymphoma, you basically complete the protocol and for most patients, at the end you are cured.

I can't describe what it feels like to know you are almost done. I say this with a smile, but cancer really ruined my summer. I can't be like Lance Armstrong and say cancer is the "best thing that happened to me," but I am glad that I have lived through this. It's changed my prospective on life.

I went to the docs office today and found out that my blood counts have basically returned back where they were before chemotherapy. This is amazing considering the treatment I've had and nearly unheard of. (Those prayers have really worked). I am sure I will take another nose dive once I get out of the hospital, but hopefully will be back to normal 2-3 weeks after.

The past 4 months seem like a big blur. A nightmare and I'm about to be able to wake up and live my life as normal human being.