Monday, July 21, 2008

Good report...

Good report today: A week after treatment, my blood counts still are in the normal range. So I won't go back to the doc until next week. I've even been given the OK to start doing a little workout again.

This is excellent news. I also wanted to share some good news, for those of you who are understandably a little concerned about what I am going through and my long term prognosis. This is from a medical study at MD Anderson and so happened to be from one of the main doctors that oversaw me during my hospital stay:

"those with a prior complete response to initial therapy have a good chance of responding to relapse therapy, especially those in whom the complete response lasted more than a year... overall survival is affected by the quality of response to ICE... "