Thursday, July 17, 2008

First Round Done!


Here's a pic of me showing the IV that was placed. The PIC line was removed so they just used a regular IV. I still don't have feeling in some of my left fingers, but hopefully that will come back in time...

But the big news... I HAVE COMPLETED THE FIRST CYCLE OF RICE CHEMO. Only one more cycle to go in 2 or 3 weeks.. and then I have the stem cell transplant probably late August/early September.

I should be discharged from the hospital tomorrow. So it has been a 4-5 day stay. There have been times when I haven't felt too good, but all in all, this was not too bad. I feel pretty crummy and my skin is a little pale, but besides that OK.

I haven't felt alone for the first second. My I-phone has been keeping me busy and it seems like I can't keep up with the emails/texts/phone calls I've been getting. Thanks for reaching out!

I have had several nurses/techs comment that they think my physical activity level (working out, rollerblading, etc.) in the past year or so, is definitely helping me out now. So if you are reading this and you don't workout, what are you waiting for?

I will try to upload a video tomorrow when I am back at the apartment, and re-post the one from when I first got here. All in all, things went very well.