Sunday, October 12, 2008

Transplant + 2

Ok... Not to be a baby, but can I say I finally don't feel well.

It's not that I feel terrible--it's just all the chemo and all the
drugs that have been pumped into me are taking effect.

My mouth sores are kept at bay so far, but I feel as though I have a
box of chalk in my mouth.

I also found out I have a stomach bacteria which means more meds for
that and gowns have to be worn in addition to gloves and masks. The
bacteria isn't anything to worry about, it's just part of the types of
things that happen when you have a weakened immune system and you have
to deal with.

So I feel rundown. The doctor making the rounds said I will most
likely feel this way or worse for another 10 days or so. That's the
time expected for my transplanted stem cells to start bringing back
life.

I consider myself optimistic and able to deal with this whole cancer
thing with the right attitude. I don't know how someone with a bad
attitude would be able to handle it...

All things considered, I am still doing well. There are just going to
be a few bumps along the way... :-)