Tuesday, August 26, 2008

REMISSION!

Sorry for the lack of blog updates. I still don't have Internet
service but should next week. I have been doing good...

I got the offical news today that I am in REMISSION. No signs of
cancer. This is the best news I could ever hear, but comes as no
surprise to me.

I will be admitted to the hospital again Friday for about a week. More
chemo. Then the transplant (and high dose chemo) takes place end of
September. I hope to be back to Atlanta and work by January. Let me
tell you, I am looking forward to a long, happy prosperous life.

Why more chemo when all the cancer is gone? Because EVERY CELL needs
to be killed off so I never deal with this again.

For those of you who have reached out by email, or called, or snail
mail--you have proved yourself as true friends and I am very thankful
to have such cool, caring people in my life.

Maybe I can do a video while in the hospital-- hopefully will have
Internet soon..

In the meantime, thank you for your thoughts and prayers. You just
watch me, because my life is getting ready to take off.. Actually, it
already is....

Doctors continue to tell me they have never seen a patient with
recurrent burkitt's doing as well as I am...